Redd's Sun | Kompania Piwowarska

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Douberd on 02-08-2013

Reviews by Douberd:
3.39/5  rDev +5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Can of 500 ml, bought in a polish shop in Arnhem. ABV 4.5%. Poured into my Guinness pint glass.
Nice appearance, at least as far as the body is concerned. Clear golden yellow, with good, steady activity in the glass. Head, there isn't any, the few bubbles which consist it are disappearing while I put my can down.
Nice frutiy smell, I can't read anything but I;m guessing what we call "exotic" fruits like mango. Some oranges too. It manages not to smell artificial, although it brings to mind bubblegum, and not the sort you find in a wit beer, but the fruity kind. Anyway, it smells like lots of fruit.
Taste is also very very fruity, with mandarines being the dominant element. Kind of sweet, but on the aftertaste becomes very sour, with tons of citrus.
Light body, very carbonated. A bit tart on the palate because of the citrus flavours.
Overall, a nice summer -I guess- beer mix. At least beer percentage is as high as 97%, so you still drink more beer than juice, unlike other beer mixes. Good one.

2.72/5  rDev -15.8%