Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Feral | Black Raven Brewing Co.

3.66/5
Good

Black Raven Brewing Co.
Washington, United States
blackravenbrewing.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by barleywinefiend on 05-05-2012

3.79/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.68/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.77/5  rDev +3%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.32/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

2.58/5  rDev -29.5%

A: Poured a light golden color with a white cap which faed quickly, not much on head retention

S: Hmmmm..some spice perhaps with hay and apples? I nearly had to stick my nose in the ber to really get some notes

T: Immediate thing I noticed was the lack of compexity an carbonation in this beer. This style. I did detect some light fruitiness, hint of spice and some light booze but man this beer was just hard to sip down due to a flatness. beer was poorly attenuated. Taste was not as complex as many Saisons I have had. I judge every Saison by DuPont d Avec Les Bons Voeux

M: Medium bodied, some bitterness, dry finish but lacking taste and rather flat feel

O: Not a bad beer but I dinot think it represented the style well nor did I find it appealing or easy to drink

Feral from Black Raven Brewing Co.