Sugar Daddy | Everybody's Brewing

Style: Winter Warmer

Added by barleywinefiend on 02-13-2011

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 6
3.67/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Served in straight pint glass. Poured a hazy medium amber color with less than 1/4 inch of off-white head that had OK retention and no lacing.

The aroma was mostly malty, with a lightly floral aspect and some noticeable alcohol. On the tongue, the beer was fairly typical for the style, malt forward and some light spicing.

The body was on the lighter side of full for the style, was smooth across the tongue, and had a finish that left some spice and alcohol lingering at the back of the palate. Drinkability was very good, I could have had several of these. Overall, a very nice example of the style, and another fine job from one of Washington's more "under the radar" breweries. Worth trying if you see it.

3.68/5  rDev +8.9%

On tap at Chuck' 85th Hop Shop, Ballard, Seattle for $3.50 / Pint. Relatively Hoppy crisp mild sweet balanced Winter IPA. Clear bright light gold color. Light mild lace white head. Floral citrus hop aroma. Medium light crisp body. Clean mild hop spice end.

3.33/5  rDev -1.5%

First had: on tap at their brewpub

Reading other reviews, I wonder if there was some contamination in this beer or if I just got a wrong pour, because I definitely picked up a citrus profile from this one. Well, I'll review it from my notes anyway.

Poured a golden brown color with a nice head that retained and laced well. Not much in the aroma, grainy, light spice, lemon zest. Taste was grainy, crisp with notes of lemon pith, light citrus hops, and light spice throughout. Now that I think of it, not very winterwarmery at all. Light-medium body, and fairly drinkable.

3.15/5  rDev -6.8%

On tap at Parkway Tavern the other day.

The beer pours sort of a tannish brown amber color with fairly decent head retention and lacing. The nose is pretty indistinct... I felt like I could detect some light sweet malt and maybe a hint of brown sugar. The flavor profile replicates tne nose, with the beer reminding me of a weak, watered down version of anchor steam, but with some brown sugar thrown in at the end of the boil. Mouthfeel is light and a bit watery, and I really didn't care for the way this beer finished (sort of a muddled, slightly grainy, alcoholic heat).

OK. This the third beer I've had from these guys, and I guess I just don't get them. Nothing I've had has made me want to go back for a second glass, and I think it's just time to give up. For some reason the brewery comes off as likeable and unpretentious, which is why I keep on wanting to find something I can appreciate I guess. Still looking...

2.91/5  rDev -13.9%

A: Poured a light bronwish color with ok carbonation and a nice dirty white head

S: Non existent. I literallt stuck my nose in this beer and got nothing

T: Some chocolate, hints of spice,caramel but rather boring. The taste fell off at the end

M: Sordove mundayne, thin and blah

D: Average

Sugar Daddy from Everybody's Brewing
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.