Batch 200 Weizenbock | Everybody's Brewing

Style: Weizenbock

Added by John_M on 09-30-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.33/5  rDev 0%

On tap the horse brass the other night.

The beer pours somewhat cloudy, copper amber color with good head retention and lacing. The beer looks pretty good, but things went down hill steadily after that for me. Both the nose and flavor profile struck me as a bit odd, though it was interesting how both seemed to change considerably as the beer warmed up. Initally I just got some black pepper and underlying spice, but as the beer warmed I picked up some light bananna and clove as well. On the palate this beer was really strange, in a NW IPA meets weizenbock kind of way. The beer was unusually dry for a weizenbock, and the finish was bitter and almost skunky. Otherwise, I picked up considerable pepper and spice, and the finish was long, dry and kind of peppery.

An interesting beer, but I can't say this was something I really enjoyed or would want to try again any time soon. Just not my cup of tea...

Batch 200 Weizenbock from Everybody's Brewing