Kaliber

Notes:
Reviews: 118 | Ratings: 242 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
barnzy78 from Illinois

2.34/5  rDev -6.8%

11.2oz bottle, given to me by my neighbor, Eric. Pours a deep golden hue with a thin beige head. Aroma is malted barley and some earthy hops - reminds me of how my grandfather's home brew wort from when I was a kid (weird memory). Flavors are more malted barley, lightly toasted grain, and earthy hops - but it's not good. Medium body, ample carbonation, sweeter grainy finish. This was just bad. Not worth it even if you are trying to avoid alcohol.

Dec 27, 2019
tone77 from Pennsylvania

3.43/5  rDev +36.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a brown 11.2 oz. bottle. Has an iced tea color with a 1/2 inch head and lots of carbonation. Smell is of malts, little else. Taste is of bready malts, somewhat dry. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall it's not bad considering the abv.

Nov 09, 2019
realJohnnyHobo from Maryland

3.96/5  rDev +57.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Another beer people don't review for what the style actually is and for this NA Malt beverage I find this one to be one of the more robust flavored options out there.

Pours a dark orangish clear color with a semi-opaque 2 inch head with mild lacing. Smells of sweet malt. Taste is all malt with a solid clean finish and a tad roasted flavor. This is a richer malt forward NA beer and it reminded me a lot of Goya's Malta drinks. Mouthfeel is lightly carbonated and finishes with a bit of syrupy sweetness. Overall a bit pricy but a good buy.

Sep 18, 2019
Buckeye55 from North Carolina

3.37/5  rDev +34.3%

Tried it a while back and actually like it ok for a low alcohol brew. I remember a floral kinda fruity smell, not what I expected from this type of beer. Had a dry kind bitter taste that was not unpleasant. Actually a very enjoyable brew considering the style.

May 02, 2019
VoxRationis from New York

4.2/5  rDev +67.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Decanted from an 11.2 oz (330 ml) bottle into a conical pint glass; code L8084GFOO1.
A: Pours a crystal clear, light amber color with a more than one inch, white head, low retention, and spotty lacing.
S: Initially, detected the sweet scent of rose and/or raspberry, replaced by strong breadiness, especially crust.
T: Very dry with bread (and maybe a little caramel) predominating over other flavors. Peppery/cumin bitterness is a nice counterpoise.
M: Light bodied with robust effervescence initially, limited to tiny remnant AAL bubbles relatively quickly. Solid mouthfeel, certainly not watery.
O: Kaliber is very drinkable and enjoyable. This is a low alcohol beer and should be rated comparatively. Not a terribly complex flavor palate, nor is it meant to be, but certainly more flavorful than most AALs. Top of the Line among the low alcohol beers.

Sep 23, 2018
Bitburger from Vermont

3.87/5  rDev +54.2%

I like this beverage because I am feeling to drink a beer, not a down watered Guinness. Really nice color and strong malts. Very good mouthfeel. CHEERS!

Jul 13, 2018
fredkols from Virginia

2.76/5  rDev +10%

I thought a Guinness malt beverage would taste like stout but I was wrong. Instead, the flavor reminds me of the mass-produced 24-packs of cheap lager/pilsner that are guzzled by frat boys to get drunk. I suspect that the beverage was made with adjuncts instead of barley so that might be why the flavor seems off. While its taste is mediocre, it actually has a nice mouthfeel and head. The beverage is okay but I prefer drinking non alcoholic beers that taste like craft beer.

Apr 07, 2018
beciel from Illinois

This is an N/A beer, and I feel needs to be rated as one. Therefore, personally, I like it a lot when compared to other NA beers, I feel like i am drinking a beer.

Dec 28, 2017
Smakawhat from Maryland

3.41/5  rDev +35.9%

Poured from the bottle into a nonic pint glass.

Pale amber body color, hints of red and pale orange with a very nice clarity. Minimal carbonation through the body with a creamy to fairly bright white two finger head. A bit of staying power, as it slowly settles to a thin puck and collar.

Aroma is slightly a mix of good and bad. Floury and pasty malts, hints of straight DME, and a faint touch of grass like quality. Light touch of caramel sweetness, but also a bit of a chalky quality.

Palate is a bit of a surprise. A pretty decent body on this, with touches of light malt sweetness that doesn't go overboard. Clean finish with a pretty simple malt character. There's a bit of carbonation almost mineral quality but the body is big enough to cut through it to not be distracting.

A pretty passable and easy drinking N/A brew. Quite a surprise actually.

Sep 02, 2017
Libeertarian from Montana

1.71/5  rDev -31.9%

From notes taken 04/21/17:

Barest amount of haze in an otherwise very clear pasteurized and strained honey amber. White sea-foamy head of moderate-low retention. Fast-drying frosty lace. Smells like waxy honey comb, a little grain, a little honey. Palate is mostly the same. No real beer flavor here. Closest thing is candy corn without the sugar, a little skunk despite brown glass. This just isn't a good beer at all but to be fair it doesn't make me gag. There are way better non-alcoholic beers out there. Even a thoroughly skunked Clausthaler or O’Doules beats this by a long shot. Oh well, at least I can drink it about how I drink water. Light body, very soft and fine near-effervescence.

Jul 27, 2017
Lone_Freighter from Vermont

3.5/5  rDev +39.4%

Opted for a pokal for this because of the tightness of the top of the glass, I figured this would be the best glass for this (ie. the lower ABV needs a glass to keep the head from dissipating too quick, that way correct aromatics would be attained). Well, okay, fine, here's the rest.
The appearance was a soft burnt yellow color with a thin quarter finger's worth of white foamy head that wanted to quickly dissipate. I tried my best to keep that head tight but it didn't want to last. No lacing.
The aroma had some sweet corn and grassiness.
The flavor was basically the same with no aftertaste.
The mouthfeel was light bodied and sessionable. Carbonation felt fine. ABV, I guess seemed fine, but hard to say as I'm not used to assessing beers with an ABV so low, I hate to say it but am I drinking water.
Overall, trying not to slam this beer as I realize that there are people out there that this is all they can drink and when comparing to others of this style, this would be the one that I'd recommend due to no off flavors. Numbers are higher due to trying to do my best to rate to style.

Jun 25, 2017
davisrs from Pennsylvania

1.31/5  rDev -47.8%

Comparing only NA beers, not my favorite Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Has a nice golden amber color.
Starts off with a great 3 finger head, diminishing to a ring after a few minutes.
The aroma is that of burnt grass and marshmallows or corn in my pellet stove??!!
The taste is a combination of sweet, like marshmallow, yet very bitter, like burnt grass or grain ... not a pleasant piney/citrus bitter like ale.
The feel is light, very little apparent body, but possibly masked by the negative attributes.
Leaves a bitter burnt aftertaste in the back of the palate.
This was a very disappointing taste test compared to other NA beers and full bodied ales (Clausthaler Dry Hopped) I won't be trying this beer again unless major changes are made.

Jan 10, 2017
moon_dog from Wisconsin

2.75/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Tastes are subjective. This near beer is too sweet for my particular taste. it isn't bad, but I prefer something else when it comes to non alcohol beers.

Jan 05, 2017
rodbeermunch from Nevada

2.08/5  rDev -17.1%

If you ever had a Budweiser and thought, yeah, but I wish this was non alcoholic, well here you go. Comes in AAL/BMC yellow. 1/2" white head. Plenty of corn not barley feels in the nose. Old corn. You call it maize.

Taste is again a bunch of corn. And I don't know if this has any whatsoever, it just comes off that way. Like a cream ale with 50% barley/50% corn. I really don't know who the target market is for this stuff, but it isn't me.

Sep 20, 2016
jwc215 from Arizona

3.42/5  rDev +36.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours bronze with a fluffy white head. Some lacing sticks.

The smell is of lightly toasted grain and grass.

The taste is of watered down grain with a touch of balancing grassy hops.

A bit watery, but still has a decent malty body for the style.

For the style, this isn't bad at all. A watered down version of a decent Euro Pale Lager. Not a bad choice at all if you want the characteristics of a beer without the alcohol affect.

Aug 16, 2016
SaltofOH from Ohio

3.08/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3

Bottle dated L6018gf004 FL 01:58. Go figure. DFH tulip.

A: pours a dark gold with lots of carbonation and one finger of very foamy, soapy off-white head. Laces and retains like a champ! A thick scum of bubbles retains right to the end, and lacing is probably the best I've had from a lager in months.

S: really malty, slightly yeasty/sour. Really smells like fresh commercial white bread. Maybe a hint of some orange blossom honey, but that's a stretch.

T: really tastes like, well, bread. Like fresh white bread. Like Sunbeam or Wonder bread.

M: it's definitely a lager, but a malty one. Carbonation fills the mouth, but isn't biting.

O: I have never had a N/A beer before, so I have no basis for comparison in the style, but this is not bad. Really lacking in flavor, but appearance and texture are excellent by any standard. If you're driving, wanting to cut back for health reasons, or don't want alcohol for any other reason, this is a good substitute for beer.

May 31, 2016
Beginner2 from Illinois

2.77/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

If Benjamin Franklin is reputed to say that "Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy", then this beer is punishment for getting too happy. The only people I know that drink low-alcohol beers are alcoholics on the wagon.

This beer was not a bad experience. I drank it because I was taking cold medicine that day and because I was listening to 6 hours of Shakespeare's history plays... which is work.

The beer? It was OK. But I suggest reading Jason's review for a more balanced account.

May 19, 2016
BlakeA85 from Ohio

2.57/5  rDev +2.4%

Poured from standard bottle into a goblet (for shits and giggles, more or less) Pours what looks like an amber lager of some sort, a little darker but still clear.
Smells vaguely of honey, burnt malt and caramel.
Tastes just like smell, burnt malt and honey-like.
Mouthful is only a tiny bit thicker than water.
Overall it's not super pleasant and I'm a pretty big fan of Guinness. It took awhile to finish a sixer.

Feb 17, 2016
josanguapo from Spain

1.55/5  rDev -38.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

From Alcampo. In Ikea's pilsner glass. At lunch, with 3 delight rice. Really bad low alcohol brew. The artificial disgusting touch of many in this style is at its peak here

Jan 20, 2016
rolltideroll from Colorado

2.81/5  rDev +12%

It's an NA beer, so I rated it in comparison to what I expect from an NA beer.

Has a dark color like Guiness does but that's where the comparison ends.

Mixture of oatmeal, molasses and some weird metallic smell but very very light smell.

Tastes like very weak Malta Goya.

Has a light feel but definitely thicker than its competitors.

A very mediocre N/A beer. If I have to drink N/A beer, I'll take Clausthaler, St Pauli N/A, Erdinger Alkoholfrei or even O'Doul Amber. I honestly prefer Malta Goya over this.

Sep 27, 2015
VABA from Virginia

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A-Pours a straw color with a slight head and lacing
A-Aroma has lemongrass hints
T-The taste follows the nose with a lemongrass flavor
M-A light bodied well carbonated beer
O-A decent beer

Sep 14, 2015
BowWowWowYippyYoIPA from California

3.01/5  rDev +19.9%

It smells like Wheaties or Raisin Bran. It tastes a bit like Wheaties also. It's not horrible, but I think I would opt for a Bitburger Drive instead.

Jun 10, 2015
hoptheology from South Dakota

1.39/5  rDev -44.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I actually bought this upon viewing the scores for comparable non-alcoholic beers. A "poor" rating actually equates to being halfway decent to me in this category, i.e. drinkable. So I picked up a 6 pack.

Appearance : The head is about two fingers, receding to a thick ring leaving lacing behind in wisps and tattoos. The body is amber colored, about 80% transparent. Looks extremely promising so far.

Aroma : Bouquet is faint, very weak. What I do smell here is some old pine sol, perhaps dried onto aged wood, and some slight strained carrot. Not incredibly lucre.

Flavor : This is like a bad mash up of blended baby food and hop leaf. Yuck. No thanks.

(Mashed carrots, and then bitter and rotten garbage hop. Those are the only two flavors here)

Mouthfeel : At this point I don't even care. It's light to medium bodied, well-carbonated...whatever.

Overall : Using the rest for target practice. This totally sucked and tasted like feet. Pass!

Jun 05, 2015
Ramore_1

4.38/5  rDev +74.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Haven't drank a real beer in 17 years although I have tried many NA's like O'Douls, O'Douls Amber, Becks, Sharp, Bucklers and St. Pauli. Kaliber is by far the best I have found to date. I would like to try Clausthaler Golden Amber sometime if I can find it locally. Definitely would recommend Kaliber to anyone looking for a decent NA beer!

May 31, 2015
jim_b from New Hampshire

3.62/5  rDev +44.2%

When compared to other NA beers this is tops. So far its as close to real beer as I can find. My wife can't have alcohol in the house so this hits the spot when I'm in the mood and don't want to head to the bar.

Jan 03, 2015
Kaliber from Guinness Ltd.
Beer rating: 60 out of 100 with 242 ratings