Chancellor Pale Ale | Battlefield Brewing Co At The Pub

Awaiting More Ratings

Battlefield Brewing Co At The Pub
Virginia, United States
brewpubfredericksburg.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by on 11-17-2009

3.49/5  rDev +39%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The bartenders regularly state the beer is made different every time and always offer samples. It consisterly pretty malty and usually made with unobtrusive yeast. I've never seen it bottled. It sells well and is always fresh.
I would guess IBU ranges from 60 to 90 and my rating for it would range from 3.25 to 4.25. Worth taking home a growler of twice a year or so. Been drinking it for years and would say it is gradually improving, but not at the rate of IPA'S in general. ABV I would guess is 6.5.
Good house beer for a totally unpretentious bar with great atmosphere especially if you smoke. Half the time they will have a better home made offering available, especially the red.

3.59/5  rDev +43%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1.39/5  rDev -44.6%

I wandered in to the newish brewery for the first time through a wall of cigarette smoke. I thought to myself "Isn't this illegal here?" Apparently not. So it goes. I read the board after peering through the tap handles unsuccessfully. A pale ale with Simcoe and Amarillo? Yes, please!
A pint arrives, glowing hazy orange with a wee ring of foam. It smells of a slight grassy hoppiness, some citrus but mostly of astringent infection. Not quite bandaid bad, but definitely infected. The taste is disgusting. I ask the bartender if she drinks the pale, to which she says no, but it's very popular. She takes a sip with a straw and say it's fine and that's the way it's supposed to taste. How do I tell her I know what hops are? Sigh. We find me a different beer instead and she whisks the glass away. Now I doubt that all of these are infected, but I've gotta review it based on this which they feel is an adequate enough interpretation to put on tap.

Chancellor Pale Ale from Battlefield Brewing Co At The Pub