Winter Wobbler 2007 | Four Peaks Brewing Company - 8th Street Brewery

Liked:
3.97/5
Alströms:

Reviews by searsclone:

I only had a couple of tastes of this beer. I don't have much experience rating beers but I would say that this one is good. It was tried by a few of us, and we couldn't agree on the big flavor. I say bacon, or smoked pork. Others said coffee, but I didn't get any coffee taste at all. I'm usually not a porter/stout fan, but I would call this very drinkable. I didn't taste the alcohol much, even though it is high. I would definitely like to try this one again, and give it the drinking that it deserves.

4.09/5  rDev +3%

Billed as a Smoked Imperial Porter at the 2007 Strong Ale festival
A- Obsidian black hue, light brown foamy head, minimal lacing
S- Big, big smoke and roast malts, dark fruits, cherry & vanilla
T- Smoke punches your taste buds a la Rauchbier-style, roasty and toasty malts are followed by floral hops and light alcohol
M- Medium-bodied, watery texture, light carbonation
D- Easy drinking smoked porter, good balance and flavors, would pair wonderfully with meat and bbq dinner

3.83/5  rDev -3.5%

The 2002-2003 Winter Wobbler is listed on the Four Peaks web site as a Barley Wine, but the alcohol content is low for that. But it is nonetheless a very nice winter/holiday beer.

Winter Wobbler is a medium copper color, very clear with fine bubbles rising to form a creamy smooth head. The aroma was nice with hints of spices, butterscotch and definitely alcohol. The flavor was very sweet at first. Surprisingly so. There was also a butterscotch flavor, but these were nicely balanced by the bitterness and alcohol. It is a full bodied beer. The carbonation level is just right for a heavy, full-bodied beer.

Overall the Winter Wobbler is a decent holiday beer. Very drinkable and strong enough to warm you up on a cool winter day.

Winter Wobbler 2007 from Four Peaks Brewing Company - 8th Street Brewery