Lititz Springs Lager

From:
JoBoy's Brew Pub

Pennsylvania, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Lititz Springs LagerLititz Springs Lager
Notes: Easy drinking American Lager. Crisp and dry with very slight malt sweetness. Low hops balance the medium carbonation for a very easy drinking and smooth lager. Very refreshing for people who like just about every style of beer.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by Bwise73:
3.87/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Darker gold color, small head. Not much to say about it other then I think it'd be a great after work beer, in the summer.

Bwise73 from Pennsylvania, Dec 07, 2015
3.71/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Today is Su, 14 October 2018 & the occasion of Oh, Boy, It's JoBoy's New Beer Sunday (Week 712). I bought a Variety sixer of bottles on my last visit & I got pics taken, resized & approved yesterday, so all systems are green & go.

From the Bottle: "Premium American Lager"; "Easy drinking American Lager. Crisp and dry with a slight malt sweetness. Low hops balance the medium carbonation for an extra smooth lager. Very refreshing for people who like just about every style of beer."; "At JoBoy's we specialize in hand crafted beer & authentic southern BBQ."; "20 IBU".

I do like just about every style of beer, so I guess that this is the beer for me! I will only find out with a Pop! of the cap, followed by a slow, gentle C-Line pour, which is exactly what I did next. Medium carbonation?!? Jeez-O, man, I had an uprushing of head that did not seem like it was going to stop until I blinked first and backed off & down. It finally settled into three-plus (!) fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, bone-white head with terrific retention, leaving a mess of lacing in its wake. Color was a pretty Yellow-Gold, once again enticing The Gelt Gang of Midas, Croesus & Mammon to come running into the kitchen from my living room couch for a taste. They love watching sports on TV & they have a key to the house for when I am away. It was the least that I could do after they rescued me from the clutches of The Cybermen. Nose had an odd yeasty/bready maltiness, but I am at a loss for words as to how to describe it. Hmm. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium, not watery, but not terribly past it, either. The taste was a little better than the nose, more bready than yeasty, but it still had an odd twang to it. Hops? But the IBUs are so low that I find that to be a hard sell. Hmm. Sulfur? I had to read the Style Guide description to see what was what in Whoville on this one. It hits most of the markers for the style, so I will be rating accordingly, but from a personal taste standpoint, I was not really digging it. Finish was semi-dry, but the taste had an odd burnt marshmallow flavor as its aftertaste. I wonder if it was a flaw in the fermentation process. The Style Guide allows for a lot, but Overall, it just did not make it & that is where I can be subjective. Sorry. YMMV.

woodychandler from Pennsylvania, Oct 14, 2018