Diablo Rojo Fuego | Boneyard Beer Company

Boneyard Beer Company
Oregon, United States
boneyardbeer.com

Style: Chile Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by TheBungyo on 10-19-2012

Reviews by yeaprolly:

3.25/5  rDev +9.4%

4.68/5  rDev +57.6%

By far the best chili beer I've ever had.

If I didn't know better I'd assume this was just the standard red from looking at it. Well standard in a sense, but that isn't to imply that it doesn't look fantastic. The color is a deep inviting mahogany that excites me to taste.

There's lots of caramel and biscuit in the nose with toffee to boot. If you don't know to look for habanero you likely won't find it. There's no spice in the nose, and instead very subtle habanero flavors. This is great in my opinion as the habanero has the best flavor of any pepper in its heat class.

I can only imagine the facial expression on the unsuspecting taster. The habanero is in full force here and even the boldest palates will likely shrink from the heat. I've been known to ask for 7-10 stars when ordering spicy foods with caps of 5 and it definitely taxes my limits but in the best way possible. So abrasive is the heat that it takes a couple sips to taste the malt and hops and by that time I've acclimated to the heat. Very nice.

This is the first beer I've had that said it was a chili beer and then smacked me in the mouth and proved it. Great job.

3.75/5  rDev +26.3%

no aroma, low carbonation, no taste until the chili which is over powering, then hot spice linger. palet wrecker.

Shared a taster on-tap as past of a flight at the brewery; Boneyard Beer Company, Bend, USA. As part of a six-week West Coast beer tour. I rate to taste, not to style. See my blog for more details: carbeers.wordpress.com

Diablo Rojo Fuego from Boneyard Beer Company