Anno Duo | Mike Hess Brewing - Miramar

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by NickMunford on 02-05-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 11
3.49/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Thanks to JustXBeer for sharing this one at Retsinis' tasting.

2012 vintage. Bottle # 111/600.

Pours a slightly hazy honey brown with a foamy tan head that settles to a partial film on top of the beer. Tiny dots of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, grain, yeast, spice, and fruit aromas. Taste is much the same with apple cider and spice flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of yeast bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer that is fairly basic but tasty.

Second anniversary beer. They described it as a "San Diego Farmhouse Saison Ale". There were only 600 numbered bottles made. I had bottle #360. Brewed on August 16, 2012. Released on September 21st, 2012. I enjoyed my bottle on October 22, 2012. I know this isn't a good review, but I don't take notes on beers unless I'm wanting to drink them in front of the computer and review them right there. This info is just to add the beer to BA. I do track all beers that I try in an Excel spreadsheet though, and gave this one a 4.

Anno Duo from Mike Hess Brewing - Miramar