Side Dish | Buckman Botanical Brewery

Buckman Botanical Brewery
Oregon, United States
buckmanbrewery.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

"A liquid side dish made with sweet potatoes and marshmallow root."

Added by Rifugium on 01-01-2012

3.5/5  rDev -0.6%

3.5/5  rDev -0.6%

3.53/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

First had: on tap at Rogue, Portland, OR

Poured a dark, murky brown with a few off-white patches of tiny bubbles for a head. Aroma was light with sugar, bready and somewhat vegetal. Taste of candy sugar (Gummi Bears, as my wife claimed), indistinct honey-glazed vegetables (sweet potatoes and marshmallow root specifically were used in the brew), with an earthy, leafy finish. Medium-bodied and decent overall, though as sweet potatoes are the bane of my existence, I would never actually order a "sweet potato" beer if I knew that's what it was. The bartender offered to give me a free pint if I could name one of the [unique] ingredients in a blind taste test. I failed.

Side Dish from Buckman Botanical Brewery