Virginia's Gentle Wolfman | Wild Wolf Brewing Company

3.75/5  rDev +3.6%

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%

4.25/5  rDev +17.4%

3.6/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

Had on tap at Spacebar. It tasted like a slightly mild smoke beer, but the bartender indicated that he has advised not to call it a smoke beer. The brewery website is horrible, so I couldn't confirm, but assumed the bartender wasn't lying to me.

A: effervescent pale yellow, with sustaining thin head
S: slight bit of smoke, a little tart funkiness - maybe unripe peach.
T: starts off less crisp than I expected from the carbonation. I quickly get a smokey taste. My bartender indicated it was meant to taste like a smoke-barrel aged whiskey or bourbon, but I can't speak to any actual technique. I do geet a decent woodiness with the smoke flavors, so it makes me *think* it is aged on charred wood. Overall it's interesting, but hard to rate to an unknown style.
M: slightly watery and not as effervescent as if like from a lager
O: if it were a smoked beer, it'd be a decent, mild one. As an oddball lager style, it is interesting in flavor, but misses on feel.

Virginia's Gentle Wolfman from Wild Wolf Brewing Company