Fagnes Triple

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 6 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
JonnoWillsteed from England

4.12/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

L- Beyond gold, it's quite a bold amber. Poured with a hint of haze (I left some sludge in the bottle). It has a perky looking 2Cm pillowy white head.
S- Some notes from the fruit spectrum, I get banana and perhaps mild peach; my wife gets apple and peach.
T- Oh wow, it's immediately a solid proposition! I'm still finding banana the most prominent fruit note here. To be clear that sits comfortably within the trad Belgian monastic Tripel spectrum.
F- Rewarding, very good CO2 in the mouth, unusual for a 9% (lower surface tension the higher the ABV% 'n all eh!?). (and the head remains really good too, forms much heavy lacing on the way down). This for me is a rather lovely slow-sipping beer. Also I can feel the heft of it's meaty 9% but at no point is it 'in my face', or rather 'on my palate'. No burn on the way down, or zing on the palate - in fact it's REALLY subtle and that is GREAT brewing.
O- Lovely, zero 'wrong' or out of balance noted. I just rechecked what I paid for it £3.89, hmmm, I'm not surprised ...it's luscious.
BB: 12/02/2022 330ml bottle bought from BeersOfEurope/UK for home delivery.

Sep 26, 2020
robotic_being from Florida

4.46/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

AMAZING Belgium triple, foam retention was 5 minutes plus w/ beautiful lacing, aromatic nose, smooth mouthfeel and finish, amazing body and flavor. Drank in Dinant.

Aug 06, 2018
The_Bujon from Ireland

4.26/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Been waiting for this one!

Pours a a lovely hazy amber body, with bold creamy head, not much dissipation, and clings to the side of the glass for a good innings'.

Aroma is pretty fantastic, light on the hops, light on the yeast, and a fruity bubblegum, blueberry.

Taste is very good, a strong dose of spiced apple, plenty of malt with a twist of hop.
Aftertaste is great, a genuine treacle sweetness on the tongue.

Feel is it's only 'chink', a little too gassy, an initial fizz on the tongue, but I am picking holes in an exceptional beer.

The 9% is subtle, and right on the money for a Belgian tripel.

Overall, needs more reviews, but this is one of the best in the category, a real gem.

Dec 15, 2017