Black Treasure | Pensacola Bay Brewery

Pensacola Bay Brewery
Florida, United States
pbbrew.com

Style: American Porter

Made with seven different grains, this beer is smooth with a slight chocolate falvor and the aroma and taste of whiskey.

One or two of these and our may think you’re in Tennessee sitting next to Jack Daniels himself.

Added by charlzm on 05-19-2012

3.79/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Enjoyed this beer at Cigar City's Hunahpu's Day 2016 in Tampa, FL. This is a nice lighter barrel aged stout that I enjoyed, and the first beer I've had from this brewery.

3.88/5  rDev -1.3%

4.06/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Served at the brewery in a tulip glass.

A: Dark brown with a half inch tan head that dissipated fast. Moderate lacing.

S: Bourbon comes on strong with biscuity malts and some vanilla.

T: Smooth, sweet and robust. A wonderful melding of bourbon, malts and some vanilla thrown in for good measure. A bit of coffee on the finish. Even better as it warms.

M: Medium with medium carbonation. Thick and chewy.

O: One of the better offerings from PBB. Glad I got to try this slow burn treat. Yum!

3.47/5  rDev -11.7%

Had this on tap at their brewery. I like BA stouts so I figured I would give this a try. It was served in a snifter and I picked up strong whiskey in the nose. It is a good thing I like whiskey because other than some roasted malts I did not find much going on here other than a huge whiskey taste. While it was somewhat enjoyable it is doubtful that I will get it again. Nothing special.

4.25/5  rDev +8.1%

4.25/5  rDev +8.1%

3.75/5  rDev -4.6%

4.75/5  rDev +20.9%

3.25/5  rDev -17.3%

4.33/5  rDev +10.2%

Consumed March 21st, 2012 at the brewery.

Extremely dark brown beer. Head was beautiful; light tan, two fingers and creamy as could be, made of many uniform and small bubbles. Subsided to some sticky lacing after a few minutes.

Aroma is where the bourbon is mostly apparent: vanilla and oak dominate.

Flavor is up from the normally modest Lighthouse Porter (chocolate maltiness up front, low but notable bitterness on the finish) with the addition of vanilla and wooden notes from the bourbon barrel in the middle and a hint of saltiness on the end.

Mouthfeel is very smooth and slightly thick.

Fantastic beer. Best thing I've had from this brewery. A little strong to be sessionable, but one just wasn't enough. They should seriously bottle this.

Black Treasure from Pensacola Bay Brewery