Unapologetic Fruit: Cherry Apricot

3.95 | pDev: 2.78%
From:
Brewery Vivant

Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Fresh farmhouse ale made with Michigan sour cherries balanced with tons of delicate apricot, blended with traditionally aged sour beer to make the fresh fruit come forward and burst with flavor.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Beginner2 from Illinois

4.09/5  rDev +3.5%

Upfront, I confess to the mistake of only buying one of these from Tavour.
Cherry Apricot is a very good extension of the saison style. Sour is in the subtitle, but it really is only tart. A refreshing, delicious, balanced tart.

Looks average, except elevated by the red tinge from the cherries. Smells of a saison base of motley grains being worked by a healthy yeast; but the cherry and apricots stand-out. Tastes follow, but the tart takes over nicely in mid-palate. Bubbly enough and cleansing on the palate, I really wish I had bought more cans so I could pair with foods other than tonight's... my leftover ratatouille... which Vivant improved.

I am a former fan of Vivant with some 15 different ales tasted. For reasons too lengthy to discuss, I fell away from them for three years... but I'm ready to come back; but they seem to have lost their Illinois distributor, so I will stock up when in Michigan next.

Sep 03, 2020