Raz Peach -- Unapologetic Fruit series

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Beginner2 from Illinois

4.03/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bought from Tavour. They classify it as a "fruited sour," a style not on BA. Vivant does call this a "sour" for they blend a sour ale into Raz Peach. But, they also blend in a fruited farmhouse ale; and it seems to me this is the base. Also, there is very little sour about this ale; it is mostly sweet and tart. Because Paz Peach is a creative blend and it is balanced, I classified it as a saison.

Brewing nomenclature aside...
This is a delicious ale. It also hit the spot as designed: "a transition from summer to fall" from Vivant's website's beers-on-tap. For me, today was a warm harvest day and I needed refreshment.

Raz Peach Looks like an average saison (too little foam lasts, but that pink is novel.) It Smells mostly of peach (sweet) with raspberries for enough tart. Tastes largely follow in this integrated ale; but until the end, I sense that the yeast is still working the malt like a good saison... even if to mostly complement the fruited content. Raz Peach sits so refreshingly in my mouth that I cannot describe it.

OA: Delicious. My big mistake was I only bought one from Tavour.
I am becoming a fan of Vivant again and I want to visit again soon. They really are blending brewing into the kitchen in very creative ways. And their commitment to their community is impressive. A Sante" !

Oct 15, 2020