Ringneck Brown Ale | The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works

Style: American Brown Ale

Added by AltBock on 02-23-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
2.56/5  rDev n/a

22oz. bomber bottle that I bought in Ringneck's beer to go section. The label said it was called Big Ben's Brown Ale and with a picture of a double decker bus and Big Ben Clock In England. When I asked Ringneck what it was, they said it was their regular Brown Ale and not their Chestnut Brown Ale version with a label that costs more when you brew your own beer. The label also stated that it had hints of caramel and chocolate. Now onto the beer itself...

When I poured it into my Samuel Smith pint glass, the color was dark brown in color with plenty of ruby highlights through out the beer. Nice color! I got only the smallest skim of white foam and even that dissipated really fast into nothing. No lace or rings around the glass whatsoever, nothing! I only got the slightest aroma of chocolate and sometimes caramel. I tried really hard to get those aromas out. I was very unimpressed with the taste. The only thing I got out of the taste was the slightest bit of chocolate and that's it. No caramel, just a little bit of chocolate. The mouthfeel was very watery with very little taste. Sometimes it felt like I was drinking seltzer water instead of beer. This would probaly be good fresh on-tap , but in bottle, forget about it. Something I wouldn't buy again in bottle unless I liked drinking seltzer water instead of beer.

Ringneck Brown Ale from The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.