Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Amber Bock | The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works

thebrewkettle.com

Style: Bock

Added by PorterLover83 on 05-20-2008

3.77/5  rDev 0%

Slightly chill hazed amber colored beer with a small white head.

Smell is sweet and quite nutty with a bit of a maple aroma. Mild Nobel hops aroma mostly herbal scent and slight mint. Beyond the nuts there is a slight toasted grain aroma.

The taste starts out sweet and quite nutty and with a lot of toasted cereal flavor. Fairly astringent for the style and it is woody. There is a distinct ginger aftertaste here, but no real ginger since I am not having an allergic reaction. Lightly bitter this isn't that strongly hopped.

Mouthfeel is OK.

Not a bad bock beer and a good one for those that don't like the really sweet ones. Probably not try this again though just not that memorable.

3.37/5  rDev 0%

Got this one from the brewery courtesy of my buddy. I crossed checked it on their website and tried to fill it out the information the best I could. Poured with a pretty good head on it, foamy off white. Appearance is sort of like iced tea. Carmel smell with a little bit of hops in there. Pretty good malt smell. Taste goes back and forth between the sweet malt and just the right amount of hops bitterness. Very well balanced. Pretty decent mouthfeel, a little bit of viscosity. pretty drinkable. I'd grab it again if I make it up there myself sometime.

Amber Bock from The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works