Agave | Small Town Brewery

smalltownbrewery.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by TMoney2591 on 05-06-2011

3.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in a flared pokal at Bliss.

Brewer Tim brought in a pair of agave-based brews for this Cinco de Mayo tasting, and I've been excited since he told me about them last month. This one pours a cloudy very pale straw topped by a finger of white foam. The nose comprises lemon, lime, funky wheat, and a touch of what seems like red pepper. Something tells me I'm smelling agave in there (amidst the familiar citrus fruits), I just never really sat back and sniffed one before. The taste holds notes of agave (what I just said in mind, perhaps I should have said "tequila" instead), very light lemon, flowers, and grapefruit rind. The body is pretty light, with a very light moderate carbonation and an increasingly dry finish (the back end kinda falls off at the end, going from wet to dry pretty quickly). Overall, a pretty nice manipulation of the agave plant into beer. If you're not a fan of tequila (or agave in general), though, this would be hard to stomach.

Agave from Small Town Brewery