Blackberry Beret | Perennial Artisan Ales

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Sean9689 on 06-06-2012

2.75/5  rDev 0%

4.3/5  rDev 0%

Big Grocery's small batch Thursday special! From what I remember, it's a brown ale with blackberries (and possibly rye)...forgot to write down in my notes.

A - Pours a darker brown color, tan head, thin collar.

S - Big blackberry nose, caramel, brown sugars, rye toasted malts. I thought this combo works together so perfectly...it's really enjoyable. I know he used a TON of blackberries, and it's really evident with this beer.

T - Tastes similar but I think I like the palate better. Blackberry bomb, brown sugar, caramel, toasted malts, light tartness from the fruit. Finish is berries and brown sugar...sounds good huh?

M - Medium body, good carbonation, sweet fruity finish.

O - Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! I'm a huge fan of brown ales and the blackberries really just upped this beer into the "awesome zone" (which I'm in all of the time). I really really (really) hope this one of made again so I can drink more of it!

Blackberry Beret from Perennial Artisan Ales