Hells In Hibernation

View: Beers
JonnoWillsteed from England

2.42/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Can info: 'A Wintery take on our classic Hells lager, hazy, unfiltered and brewed with Apollo and Chinook hops to give this beer it's piney spice aromas and citrus freshness... a cosy woodland hibernation in beer form'.
L- One of the palest beers I've ever seen - reeeally pale yellow with a slight haze. Pours with a 5mm white head that's holding well.
S- I clearly get citrus, it's like a soft grapefruit scent and slightly perfumed. Pine eludes me.
T- Hoppy dry bitterness. Not a face-contorter but the dry/citrus side is the clearest taste by far. I struggle to register any more typical beer flavour.
F- It has little body to it, it feels thin, this focuses more attention on the flavour, so to enjoy this one I'd suggest you're a fan of well hopped contemporary style beers that taste of citrus fruits.
O- Interesting to find and try, but it's not a style that suits me, especially when my palate is in winter hibernation mode, and my palate craving bigger meatier beers.
ps. It leaves me somewhat uncomfortable writing a 'negative review' on a first rating, but this style is just not my thing and I hadn't expected it to be quite so contemporary. I am confident there are others who will thoroughly enjoy it.
Bought from an M+S in London £2/330ml can. BB: 18/06/2020