Black Swan | Greenbush Brewing Company

3.9

Reviews by sweemzander:
3.91/5  rDev +0.3%

6oz. tap pour at Greenbush in Sawyer

(A)- Pours actually quite golden orange in color with a slight haze to it. Some white froth and lacing. I guess the color threw me for a loop due to the name (Black Swan)

(S)- Right off the bat, I can see the blackberry fruit addition to this up front with some subtle yeasty yet hoppy undertones. Even some dry biscuit.

(T)- Very similar to the smell, I actually really like how the fruit is blended into the beer without taking center stage; its there, but in a supporting role. Good dryness yet yeasty and hoppy at the same time.

(M)- A good vibrant carbonation level and balance. I also like the idea of adding the blackberries to this since it adds another level of complexity and actually helping this become a touch more refreshing with adding just the slightest level of acidity.

(O)- I liked this one as well; definitely need to try more from Greenbush; they definitely are on the right path here, though maybe think of the name since nothing about this beer made me think "Black," other than the blackberries I suppose.

3.75/5  rDev -3.8%