Raspberry Wheat

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Raspberry WheatRaspberry Wheat
Notes: Brewed using only water, wheat & barley malts, hops and yeast; a touch of pure raspberry extract is added to give this crisp, refreshing wheat ale a big raspberry aroma and a clean, zesty flavour.
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.15/5  rDev -11.8%

341ml bottle poured into pint glass 15/6/11 thanks to cjbmcdon

A pale golden with loads of tiny suspended particles looking like jello being gently moved around by a few bubbles that produce little int the way of head or lace

S honey, raspberry and a little blueberry of all things and some herbal hops

T not far from the smell but rather tart at first with a slightly sweet finish, more grains in the mouth then the nose

M a little watery but there's more bubbles then I could see in the glass

O perhaps on a hot day but the flavors just a little fake and the tartness keeps it from being all that refreshing

I could drink another but I wouldn't go hunting for it, almost reminds me of a synthetic flavored Popsicle

3.76/5  rDev +5.3%

Pours an orangey-copper with a stark white foamy head that doesn't last long at all. Crystal clear (in an orangey-copper way).

Aroma is very reminiscent of sumac as far as I'm concerned (which smells like raspberries, so the point is somewhat redundant). The aroma takes me right back to Ontario winters and Staghorn Sumac tea... I could smell this stuff all day long.

The mouthfeel is nice and crisp. This is a refresher.

Tastes like raspberries, all sour and tangy, with a mild mild mild sweetness that avoids the pitfalls of many other raspberry wheat ales by going the sickly sweet cough syrup route. The finish is ever-so-slightly bitter, without the metallic overtones that bad (and usually artificial) raspberry flavours bring. The aftertaste is mild at first, getting a little tangier for a short time, before fading without puckering your mouth up.

I find the whole thing nice and pleasant--not hit-you-over-the-head fruity (which would be too forceful, as far as I'm concerned), but enough to keep me interested. I could actually drink this on a regular basis.

Raspberry Wheat from Storm Brewing (Newfoundland)