Blanche de Bruges (Brugs Tarwebier)
Huisbrouwerij De Halve Maan

Blanche de Bruges (Brugs Tarwebier)Blanche de Bruges (Brugs Tarwebier)
Rate It

Added:
Jul 25, 2020
SCORE
n/a
Blanche de Bruges (Brugs Tarwebier)Blanche de Bruges (Brugs Tarwebier)
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.

Rated: 3.85 by Ben1313 from New Hampshire

Aug 12, 2022

Rated: 3.59 by Silke_Neryn from Sweden

Jul 29, 2022

Rated: 3.8 by misteil from Ireland

Jul 18, 2021
Reviewed by JonnoWillsteed from England

3.42/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
Blind-tasted except for the beer's name and brewery/country, I haven't read the bottle lables (yet!)…
L- Very pale straw with a tiny amount of haze, somehow this look always suggests dry/austerity to me, we'll see. Pours with an eager to form 5Cm pillowy white head.
S- It has that distinctive Belgian wheat profile. This specific smell reminds me a dry aspect of aromatic timber.
T- Quite dry, the ^curious timber scent follows through directly into the taste. I've had similar before in some BE-Beers and I really need to know what it's called, is it as simple as 'Belgian yeast notes'; it isn't fruity ester notes? Half way through the beer and I believe I can also taste another facet, quite unusual, I believe it to be pepper! There is a definite though very small zing in the throat on the swallow.
F- A few sips later and my fresh palate relaxes somewhat, I'd now say it has a minor dryish note vs 'quite dry'.
O- This beer is very distinctive and it seems to all hinge around that timber note. I can imagine the latter could be quite a divider, with many people simply not liking it because of it. I'm ok with it, I'll not have a problem finishing it, though I don't see myself buying this one again.
Review/scoring all done, now the reveal, I get to read the bottle lables to see what I missed! ==> The lable suggests spices have been added to this, though it doesn't list which ones.
330ml bottle BB: 03/11/2021 Bought from BelgianBeerCompany, Stoke/UK as part of a large pick-your own consignment to London.
Mar 31, 2021