Melon Cart Watermelon Wheat Ale | Golden Road Brewing

goldenroad.la

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by woodychandler on 10-29-2017

3.39/5  rDev -6.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Bought a 6-pack cans Don Quiojte $8.29
Sme of melons
Slightly hazy light golden color
Light mouthfeel
Medium cabonation
Light melon taste, wheat, kind of thin
Overall just an ok beer. The light taste doesn't do it for me. Wouldn't buy again.

3.66/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.71/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Wow, smells like cutting into a cantaloupe. Light watermelon follows and while this isn't a sweet beer, the melons come on strong. It tastes like it'd make an amazing slushie, but as someone who's not a huge melon fan to begin with I'll pass along the other cans to friends that are. Personal taste aside, it's undoubtedly a melon beer.

3.79/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

I am curious as to why this does not previously exist. Did I overlook something? Either way, I will submit a picture for approval & stand by for vilification if there is reason. In the interim, The CANQuest CANtinues unabated.

From the CAN: "Watermelon Wheat Ale with Honeydew and CANtaloupe"; "A series inspired by the iconic fruit cart vendors of Los Angeles"; From their packaging: "Thanks for enjoying our beer! For us, living and brewing in LA are equal parts free spirit and hard work. Driven by ambition with the warm California breeze at our backs, we're proud to share our latest creation with you. We hope to see you at one of our California locations soon. Cheers!"

Welcome (back) to #WatermelonWednesday ! Bump the hump & simply Crack! & give it an inverted Glug for maximum relaxation. I was pretty relaxed until it suddenly jumped up, creating two-plus fingers of foamy, rocky, bone-white head with moderate retention. Color was an oh-so-slightly hazy Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4). Nose was definitely watermelon, acCANponied by some other sweet melon flavors. Oh my! Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium, not watery, but lacking in enough intensity to call it medium. The taste was prevalently watermelon, but I could certainly get CANtaloupe also with another flavor. I might not have gotten honeydew on my own, but once I knew what to perceive, it was obvious. This was really well done with each of the adjunct fruit flavors given a chance to shine. Finish was semi-sweet with a load of melon flavors bouncing around in my mouth without being overwhelming or cloying. This is one that I would like to revisit in the summer.

Melon Cart Watermelon Wheat Ale from Golden Road Brewing