Pineapple Cart | Golden Road Brewing

Pineapple CartPineapple Cart
3.56/5
Good
Pineapple CartPineapple Cart

Golden Road Brewing
goldenroad.la

Style: Fruit and Field Beer

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 7 | Ratings: 20
3.89/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Given its inspiration, it seems fitting to inClANd this one in my Happy New Beer Cinco de Mayo Sunday (Week 741)! It is always a pleasure to make room in the reefer while also furthering The CANQuest (tm).

From the CAN: "Pineapple Wheat Ale with Blood Orange and Strawberry"; "A series inspired by the iconic fruit cart vendors of Los Angeles."

I was looking forward to the Crack! & Glug since this one may be my last of the day. I CANtracted a cold & have been taking OTC meds to feel better. My plan is to take a Nyquil ~ 2100 & crash out to allow it to do its thing. I had gently inverted the CAN to get any lees that may have settled back into suspension. I felt no need to hold back, so I went with an aggro Inverted Glug until the foaming action became too much to CANtrol. I wound up with two-plus fingers of dense, fizzy, foamy Bone-White head with relatively good retention, especially as CANpared to Mango Cart. Color was a hazy Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7). Nose was definitely of pineapple with a light amount of strawberry thrown into the mix. If it is listed as a "Fruit and Field Beer", then it definitely passes muster on the nose. I found it to be rather sweet, possibly due to the addition of strawberry, where I usually find pineapple to be slightly tart. I have to admit that I was not getting blood orange, but is that reason to dun it? I CANnot justify doing so. Finish was sweet & fruity, about what I had experienced throughout. I would not want a steady diet of it by itself, but if it were a part of their 12-pack of 3 each, I CAN definitely see some blending going on. Mmm. YMMV.

4.37/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

As far as refreshing, crisp wheat beers go this is top notch! An excellent summer sipper, but honestly one of my favorite beers right now! It’s very fruity and fresh and has that quintessential “wheat” feel and flavor.

2.82/5  rDev -20.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.75

Poured 12 oz. can into a pint glass. 1" head dissipated fairly quickly. As I'm pouring, a blast of pineapple smell hits my nose. The smell is overwhelming (so far as beers go). Did I open a can of pineapple juice? I think I could give this to my teenager and he'd think it was juice, not beer. I've never had a fruit beer smell this strong. Some were close, but not this much.

Taste is strong pineapple, but not as much as the nose. Has a bit of citrus that curbs the fruit flavor a bit. Goes down nice and crisp, the best part of the beer. But there's a lingering pineapple flavor...not a bad beer, just too much fruit flavor for my preference.

Edit: It just occurred to me that this might be a nice beer on a hot afternoon after golfing, mowing the yard, etc. But, it's 50 degrees out now...

3.39/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Met the a rep from Los Angeles as he was making the rounds with the local distributor at Westover Beer Garden. Maybe it's the pineapple flavor, but this one is not as well done as the Mango Cart. Sweeter and too much fruit on the palate.

3.86/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Aroma is strawberries, pineapple and big wheat grain. The flavor is pineapple, strawberries/fruit, wheat/grains and a tart/sweet/slightly dry finish.

2.58/5  rDev -27.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bought a 6-pack $8.29 Don Quijote
Smell of pineapples
Cloudy light golden color
Light mouthfeel
Medium carbonation
Sour pineapple taste. Not much beer characteristics.
Overall a poorly executed beer. Taste like you have a little bud light, water it down, and then add some pineapple juice. Not something I would buy again.

4.03/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

12 oz can. Pours a cloudy golden color with a white lasting head. Nose is sweet pineapple, strawberry and sweet orange. Taste follows nose with a nice sweet finish. Probably my favorite of the "Cart" series.

Pineapple Cart from Golden Road Brewing