Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Port Jeff Brewing Company
New York, United States
portjeffbrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by pjkelley82 on 12-10-2013

3.65/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Served in a nonic pint glass.

Appearance: Dark brown-black, thin bodied head coming off tan settling to absolutely nothing after an initial high rise (maybe a notch over a finger's length).

Smell: I can inhale this beer all day, great mint coffee and malty scents. Absolutely unique.

Taste: The taste is very good, but slightly overwhelming. Heavy mint that feels slightly spicy with a light but bitter chocolate. This is probably best paired with dessert versus with dinner.

Mouth: Medium bodied mouth, sticky but leaves pretty quickly.

Overall: Very good brew, and was an honor and pleasure to split this growl with my dad. Hopefully you all enjoy as much as me. Salud!

3.71/5  rDev 0%

Filled a Growler at Superstar Huntington Station... I believe this is there standard porter brewed with Real Crushed Candy Canes..

Was a little thin for my liking but the smell was excellent and was a nice add on to a decemt porter base they have.. the peppermint wasn't overbearing in the taste... it was there but as an addition not as a cloying overbearing tatse...

Was a decent porter I happened to stumble upon and was glad to try...

Peppermint Porter from Port Jeff Brewing Company