Pale Is The New Amber (ReplicAle 2014) | Tighthead Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Tighthead Brewing Company
Illinois, United States
tightheadbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by jgunther71 on 08-17-2014

Reviews by TMoney2591:
3.5/5  rDev -0.6%

Served from tap in a shaker pint glass at the tap room.

Trivia night is going well so far (rarely does the first round go very far south, but hey), so I figured I'd take advantage of the new ReplicAle. It pours a clear brass topped by a finger or so of lightly off-white foam. The nose comprises grass, light pine resin, very light grapefruit peel, mild biscuit, mild greens, and a hint of flowers. The taste brings in more of the same, kind of a broad, grassy, flowery meadow laden with intermittent biscuits and such. I think I get a bit of a dried honey vibe on occasion. The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a sorta/kinda drying finish. Overall, a solid bit of reddish pale (strawberry blonde would describe such a hair coloring, I think), not quite as interesting as the grist bill led me to believe (I blame the Canadian pilsner malt, frankly...too exotic...), but still an enjoyable quaff.

3.5/5  rDev -0.6%

3.58/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.89/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Pale Is The New Amber (ReplicAle 2014) from Tighthead Brewing Company