Adelaide Huckleberry Pale Ale | Crooked Fence Brewing

3.3/5
Alströms:

3.21/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

On tap at the brewery. Decent ale, cloudy amber with spare head. Mild grapefruit citrus aroma, taste is citrus with a hops twist. Easy to drink, finish is short and dry.

3.5/5  rDev +6.1%

3.2/5  rDev -3%

22 picked up at the Brewpub a few weeks back... Getting around to enjoying it tonight... Pours with a solid 1" white head in my HotD goblet... nice retention and okay lacing... The brew is pretty clear dark golden with some random floaters that really aren't affecting the quality of the appearance.

Nose is pretty decent for a pale ale, but fails a bit in the "fruit beer" realm.. I guess I expect not only a discernible fruitiness, but also something I could identify blind... I guess I get a very subtle huckleberry note, but I could be imagining things.

Flavor has a nice pale malty presence with a good American "C" hoppiness ... balanced.. the berries are again a little bit too much in the background.. The fruit only shows at the finish and is not very round at all.. just a whaff of an essence. :-)

Body and carbonation are both spot on for an American Pale.

I dig and understand the experimentation, but this Adelaide needs some loving.

3.75/3/3/4/3.25