Nuttin' Butter | SweetWater Brewing Company

sweetwaterbrew.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Added by MacQ32 on 04-25-2012

4.15/5  rDev 0%

This one placed #1 out of nearly 150 brews in The Brew Your Cask Off event hosted by SweetWater. It is a self described "PB&J inspired brown ale" Georgia brown (My favorite year round SW brew) was used as a "base" for this brew.

A - Pours a mudied/light deeper brown color with minimal head produced when pouring fairly aggressively into my over sized DFH glass. Little to no lacing, little to no retention. (It's a cask, not force carbed.)

S - Mostly a nice waft of straight peanut butter for me, a hint of a sweet blackberry or grape jelly aromas. Some malts sweet/chocolaty/roasty malts detectable (probably from the SGB). Peanut butter smell is awesome.

T - I'm getting a nice peanut butter and hazelnut nutella type of taste, definitely some citrusy/sweet fruit flavors. Some Chocolate, both my gf and friend said they were getting more of a chocolate tootsie roll type flavor mainly. Finish is mildly dry and doesnt linger very long.

M - Light Bodied+, moderatly carbonated from the gask. A little light but super delicious and drinkable.

O - A really unique and fun beer. The goal is definitely well accomplished. The one critique I would have is that I think this would be better slightly heavier as a desert type beer. I would be really curious to try this with a little bit of lactose, it may compliment the already great flavor well and help thicken it up a bit. Awesome job though, no knocks here.

Nuttin' Butter from SweetWater Brewing Company