't Gaverhopke De Kriek (Red Cap) | Brouwerij 't Gaverhopke

't Gaverhopke De Kriek (Red Cap)'t Gaverhopke De Kriek (Red Cap)
4.42/5
Outstanding
1 Rating
't Gaverhopke De Kriek (Red Cap)'t Gaverhopke De Kriek (Red Cap)

Brouwerij 't Gaverhopke
tgaverhopke.be

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by TheLongBeachBum on 12-07-2005

4.42/5  rDev 0%

So far I have enjoyed the two beers I had from this brewery. Both have been fairly unique and very tasty, I look forward to finding and trying more of their stuff.

A- Bubbly head like the foam you see at the ocean. The head dissipates pretty quickly to a nice lacing. Hazy orange with a red hue, the color reminded me of a Tequila Sunrise (the drink).

S- Sour lactic cherry and a whiff of booze, Smells very nice and just how I'd have expected.

T- There is a quick sharp bitter kick up front that I was not expecting but enjoyed especially as it mellowed out quickly. Sweet and Sour cherry, hay, hops, a bit of metal, and a mouthful of nutty cherry pit at the end which I really enjoyed. Aftertaste is clean, slightly sweet, nutty, and dry.

M&D- Effervescent and smooth, cleansed the palette and easy to drink. Felt very light on the tongue and in the mouth. Could drink quite a few without growing tired of it or being weighed down by it.

whether you love your sour beers or want to get into them, this is a great choice. I will pick this up again. . . SOON!

't Gaverhopke De Kriek (Red Cap) from Brouwerij 't Gaverhopke