1. Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14 & 15!

Sunbather | Tired Hands Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

None provided.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

4.76/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Poured from a growler into at Tired Hands stemmed glass.

This beer astounds me! It is a beautiful beer, and very unique looking at that. The egg-shell white head, foamy in nature, sits firmly (especially for a growler pour) on top of a brilliant, ruby red body with amazing clarity. The head doesn't last forever, and leaves a touch of residue on the sides on the glass, but the body of the beer is just incredible. Very eye-catching, and looks like no other beer I've seen.

Then you get to the aroma...simply amazing! I'm not trying to be a homer about this, but I am really blown away by this beer, and I don't care where it comes from. The nose is filled with hints of a million different things: Juicy Fruit gum, peaches, bright citrus, and many other things that I can't quite decipher. I'd characterize the aroma as soft, complex, and deeply beautiful. As it warms up a bit, there are smells of candied lemon, sangria, and tropical fruits.

Drinking Sunbather is like eating wild raspberries: there is a sweet berry-like flavor, with a tartness that balances it all out. Up front is an acidic orange, taste followe by a gentle sweetness. It is lemony, and lightly bitter in the finish, with a lasting familiar aftertaste. The taste is not as amazing (complex, fruity) as the aroma, but I still find it to be an unbelievable beer.

The beer was from a growler, so the carbonation was on the softer side. The beer had a medium body, and it was perfectly balanced in the finish.

Just so amazing. To quote the douchiest thing that I've ever read on BA (about another Tired Hands beer): "Probably one of the most important beers Tired Hands has released." Haha, so pathetic...but this is most definitely my favorite beer that I can remember from Tired Hands. The appearance and the aroma alone could win it for me every time. Really solid, and I hope it gets a re-brew.

3.75/5  rDev -10.9%

3.5/5  rDev -16.9%

3.75/5  rDev -10.9%

4.6/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a beautiful pinkish red color (from the hibiscus). This is the reddest IPA I've seen. Grapefruit, lemons, flowers, and honey come through on the nose. The hibiscus gives the flavor a nice floral characteristic as well, which combines nicely with the juicy citrus flavors. A touch of sweetness comes through in the finish, I assume from the honey. This is such a juicy beer and unlike any IPA I've ever had. The mouth feel was nice and crisp, perfectly complimenting the flavors. Any reservations I had about hibiscus in beer has been alleviated. My girlfriend and I both absolutely loved this beer. Hopefully this isn't just a one off, but this is the first IPA I've had from Tired Hands, so I look forward to trying more of their hoppy offerings.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast