Morph 12/13/14 | Night Shift Brewing

Night Shift Brewing
Massachusetts, United States
nightshiftbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by AirBob on 12-14-2014

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 42
3.62/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Had the first canning of this, I believe (8/19/14). This is the second time I have tried the Morph series. This one is brewed with Citra, Warrior, Columbus, Falconer's Flight, and Amarillo. Nose is tropical and citrusy. Like the first Morph I had, the malt bill (or what I am perceiving to be the malt bill) has a very dominant scent. It smells sugary. Slightly put-off by it. Hops are a bit melony and peachy. The flavor contains some pretty yummy hop tones but I can't get past this unagreeable malt flavor. It just tastes sticky sweet and sugary. It throws the hops off my palate. Hops are respectably fruity and juicy. The bitterness is not very high, which may be one of the reasons why I notice the odd sweetness so much. It has a bit of body to it. Medium carbonation. I think I liked the first Morph better. This one has made me too accustomed to the described flavor that I'm not a fan of.

4.53/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Light yellow in color, but nontranslucent. Smell is incredible- Hops and Tropical Citrus. Taste is shockingly good. Lots of Hops and citrus notes--so very balanced and drinkable. I have had all of the heavyweight IPAs and Double IPAs, and this is right up there with ANY regular IPA. I would say the best single IPA I have had in recent memory, or ever. It tastes special because it is.

Truly impressed with this particular beer. Sad to see this particular recipe going away for next time, but looking forward to what's next.

3.98/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

A yellow/orange 'straw' color, a 2 finger head that disappears rather quickly, but the lacing is great. There is a bit of a plastic smell. Taste is great - light, some body, good grapefruit - bitter finish but not in a bitter beer face way. Feel is smooth. Outstanding beer.

Morph 12/13/14 from Night Shift Brewing