Candy Shop - Oreo

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: CANDY SHOP OREO (Imperial Milk Stout - 9.4% ABV) - This is a fun beer - Our chocolate, salted caramel, and coffee milk stout paired with... Oreos, of course! This is a pairing made in sweet stout heaven. We taste flavors of dark chocolate wafers and sweet cream filling balanced by a smooth and creamy body - a decadent, and well integrated treat.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
4.85/5  rDev +11.2%

I had this on draft at Treehouse. Was buying a friend a few bottles of the regular Candy Shop and the worker told me that this special addition was available.

Maybe its the power of marketing but I tasted Oreo cookies each time I sipped it! There was a chocolate cookie, vanilla and coffee flavor and smell which I've never had in one beer before. It was a bit marshmallow and chocolate flavored through the first half. Down towards the end, the flavor profile seemed to get a bit more harsh and lost its sweet vanilla flavor.

This was really a unique beer. It very much tasted like sipping a cookie. As someone who is not the biggest fan of stouts, I might order this again. It is a complicated beer that can overwhelm the taste buds.

Candy Shop - Oreo from Tree House Brewing Company