Horizontal | Westport Brewing

Washington, United States

Style: Czech Pilsener

Added by barleywinefiend on 05-15-2012

2.68/5  rDev 0%

A: Poured a light golden color with a small to medium white head and a head that quickly fades. I felt the head retention was off for the style since it was smaller and dissipated rather quickly

S: It was rather tough but I did get some very faint floral notes, light sulfur and buttered biscuit

T: Starts off with a light biscuity note with a light dash of floral hops and some faint corn backed with some light bitterness.

M: While light to medium bodied I felt the beer was a little low on carbonation, not as crisp as I usually find in this style. The palate felt bored and the feel was flat

O: The beer itself is spot on according to BJCP standards. SRM, ABV, IBU's and all were spot on but this beer did not have the crisp, refreshing and lighter sweetness I like in the style.

Horizontal from Westport Brewing