Full Bloom

Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 35 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Kubishark from Maryland

4.32/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Yellowy and gold, very pretty. Even a pale chartreuse. This was my first saison, but I am very impressed just with what I had here. Certainly one of my new favorite styles. Like the label says, it is funky and tart. There's a vast array of subtle flavors here that in my mind would go perfectly with various cheeses and fruits. It's crisp and dry. The feel is fairly medium. Overall I was thoroughly impressed.

Oct 09, 2015
Huhzubendah from District of Columbia

3.64/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Draft at the source.

Hazy, light yellow body with a pure white head that leaves a ring of lacing on the walls of the snifter. Aromas of lemons, old shoes, funk, yeast. Fruity, grainy flavor with an oddness about it. Ultra thin body with low carbonation. Ehh...interesting. There are things I like and don't like about this one. I'm so confused right now.

Jun 01, 2015
cjgiant from District of Columbia

3.89/5  rDev +1.3%

This beer is a bit lighter and not as funky as I was expecting. The description at the brewpub was prett accurate.

The beer poured pale yellow and fairly clear. Small bubbles floated on the surface throughout the taste. The nose had some barn notes, hay, as well as a peppery note.

As I said, the taste is crisp but has a little body, but is still a little light. The menu says green strawberry and guava, I get the latter a bit in the mildly fruity taste that comes from a light grass or hay backbone.

The feel and finish are also refreshing with a gods amount, but not overpowering carbonation. This would be a nice solid summer porch beer.

May 03, 2014
mdfb79 from New York

4.17/5  rDev +8.6%

From 04/25/14 notes. Had on tap at the brewpub in DC, touted as a sour saison with brett.

a - Pours a hazy bright yellow color with an orangish tint to it, one inch of bright white head and low carbonation evident.

s - Smells awesome...nose has tons of brett, lightly tart fruits, oranges, citrus, spice, tangerines, and juicy tropical fruits. Very nice; loads of brett and lightly sour.

t - Tastes of oranges, citrus hops, brett, tangerines, tropical fruits, grass, earthy malts, and herbal notes. Taste has much less brett and isn't sour, but it is good. Light floral notes too.

m - Medium body that is smooth and low carbonation. Easy to drink, no alcohol to it.

o - Overall I liked this one a lot; I'd say it is one of the best beers I've had by them based on the nose. Nice light sourness and lots of brett in the nose, I'm a big fan of it.

Apr 28, 2014