Down With The Coconut | Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company
Tennessee, United States | website

Style: American Stout

Part of the 50 Shades of Black project. This is the Portly Stout aged on toasted coconuts.

Added by bcostner1 on 03-03-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 6
4.33/5  rDev +2.1%

A: Not midnight black, but very dark brown with some deep reddish hues present as well. Not an opaque stout; does transmit a little light. Nice aggressive head.

S: Sweet toasted coconut, mild chocolate, mild roast. The coconut is what keeps me coming back for more. Love the aroma; wish it was a little more pronounced even (although it is definitely noticeable).

T: Pretty much like a liquid Mounds candy bar which, to me, means its friggin delicious. Tons of toasted, sweet coconut throughout. Nice chocolate backbone as well. No significant hops. Not a very roasty stout, on the sweeter side for sure. I love this stuff. Probably the best tasting coconut porter/stout I have ever had.

M: Super easy drinker yet very satisfying. No detectable ABV. Sessionable for sure. If I have one gripe, I wish it had a little more body as it is still on the thinner side for my personal liking.

Overall, I love this brew for sure. Have had it more than once now when it is available in the taproom. I will be going back for growlers pretty much every time it's there. Must try if you like coconut stouts!! As a side note, I've really enjoyed a lot of things that these guys have done and look forward to more stuff from them in the future.

Down With The Coconut from Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.