Down With The Coconut | Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company

Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company
Tennessee, United States
turtleanarchy.com

Style: American Stout

Part of the 50 Shades of Black project. This is the Portly Stout aged on toasted coconuts.

Added by bcostner1 on 03-03-2013

Reviews by bcostner1:
4.33/5  rDev +2.1%

A: Not midnight black, but very dark brown with some deep reddish hues present as well. Not an opaque stout; does transmit a little light. Nice aggressive head.

S: Sweet toasted coconut, mild chocolate, mild roast. The coconut is what keeps me coming back for more. Love the aroma; wish it was a little more pronounced even (although it is definitely noticeable).

T: Pretty much like a liquid Mounds candy bar which, to me, means its friggin delicious. Tons of toasted, sweet coconut throughout. Nice chocolate backbone as well. No significant hops. Not a very roasty stout, on the sweeter side for sure. I love this stuff. Probably the best tasting coconut porter/stout I have ever had.

M: Super easy drinker yet very satisfying. No detectable ABV. Sessionable for sure. If I have one gripe, I wish it had a little more body as it is still on the thinner side for my personal liking.

Overall, I love this brew for sure. Have had it more than once now when it is available in the taproom. I will be going back for growlers pretty much every time it's there. Must try if you like coconut stouts!! As a side note, I've really enjoyed a lot of things that these guys have done and look forward to more stuff from them in the future.

3.5/5  rDev -17.5%

4.25/5  rDev +0.2%

3.75/5  rDev -11.6%

3.84/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Down With The Coconut from Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company