Shadow Master Belgian Stout | Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery

Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery
Colorado, United States
mountainsunpub.com

Style: Belgian Dark Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Mebuzzard on 02-25-2010

4/5  rDev 0%

going to respectfully disagree with my counterpart reviewer below here, dude, you write up a lot of beers and are almost always right on, but this one must be better now than when you had it! a subtle belgian yeast profile definitely sort of typifies it, but also, it has an english element, bready and malty too, sweet at times, super dired fruity, ashy, smoky, rich, and awesome. no clue how strong this one is, they dont list that in the pub (had this one at vine street during stout month), but must say, they depth of flavor here is awesome, and it certainly feels strong. chocolate smoked fruit, figs, clove (subtle), roast, caramel malt, yeasty but balanced, its a real cool brew. comes in a little globe at the brewery, and i think stands out in a crowded lineup as a really well made belgian stout, and plain and simple, we just dont see enough of this style. more delicious and versatile than it gets credit for being, but a great beer overall. vine street/mountain sun/whatever spot they have, seems to be rocking, and these beers definitely stand out from the crowd. this deserves more attention...

3.51/5  rDev 0%

A new recipe at the Sun.
Pours a dark ruby, brown with some floaties. A semi dense/soapy head on this one.
Rich biscuit aroma, some dark cherries and anise.
Taste follows the nose, but more of dark plum than cherry. Biscuity feel to it and yeasty.
I ordered an 8oz glass of this am I'm glad I did. Too yeasty for me when I'm in a stout mood. Almost sweet. I didn't even finish it, but truth be told I was eye-balling the 2009 Abyss on tap. That came next.

Shadow Master Belgian Stout from Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery