Chicken Hawk | Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery

mountainsunpub.com

Style: American IPA

Added by Mebuzzard on 04-03-2011

3.98/5  rDev 0%

A new beer from Mountain Sun honoring Falconer with an IPA single hop using Falconer's Flight hops.

Pours a bit murky. Light gold with amber tones. Minimal head due to the pour, lacing is slick.
Aroma was a bit hard to detect given the environment, but I did get some mild malt sweetness and solid, yet gentle tropic/citrus waves.

First time, I believe, I've had the FF hops and I do like it. Mostly, this is a citrus, tropical flavor hop...from what I gather, but not in-yo-face. It's subtle yet persistent. It doesn't bely the malt backbone, which is always present. A very light biscuit keeps this beer as a solid IPA.

Feels just fine. Just when I think the malt will take advantage, the hops give it a nice dryness and bite on the end. None of the flavors are over the top, and this is a quite drinkable IPA.

Chicken Hawk from Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery