Franklin's Strong Belgian Golden Ale | Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery

mountainsunpub.com

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Added by Mebuzzard on 05-19-2011

3.56/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Another fist tapping at Vine Street. 8oz pour

Hazy golden pour capped with a soft white head. Looks quite good.

I've said this before about some Belgian style beers; I seem to get a cream corn notion in the aroma with these. Same with this one. While not all that strong, it does bother me (big deal, right). Sweet bread backbone and floral spices come through.

The cream corn isn't as present in the flavor. Mostly, this is a sweet bread, doughy beer with coriander and floral spices throughout. Seems a bit unattached at times and the malt forgets to keep going sometimes. I think it (must) be hard to brew Belgian style pales or goldens. Not many are fantastic to me...it is quite possible my taste.

UPDATE: A return to this beer a couple months later. The cream corn is gone, thus making the beer more enjoyable for me

Franklin's Strong Belgian Golden Ale from Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery