Bunna Ethiopian Coffee Stout | Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery

mountainsunpub.com

Style: American Stout

Added by Mebuzzard on 02-08-2012

4/5  rDev 0%

Well, Ethiopian coffee stout, eh? Yes, please.

From what I know about Bunna is that it's a process of coffee making in Ethiopia. I could be wrong, but I do not think it's a particular bean. No matter, let's drink it!

Well, yeah, black pour. Some garnet reddish color here and there. Off brown, tan head. Coffee bean aroma without any adjuncts...no cream, vanilla, extra roastiness, or coffee grounds. Some almond bark chocolate, hints of smoke.

And I've never had Ethiopian coffee; I think Egyptian or Turkish is the closest. What I remember about those is the intense flavor, short and sharp. That's what this beer has. A short and sharp bite of coffee, slightly roasted but not over the top.The roasted malt provides a steady base throughout. It's a good stout. Nothing spectacular but it does have a hint of uniqueness to it.

Bunna Ethiopian Coffee Stout from Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery