Paradise City | Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery

Awaiting More Ratings

Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery
Colorado, United States
mountainsunpub.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Mebuzzard on 04-02-2012

3.26/5  rDev -2.4%

On tap at the Vine Street Pub. Yellow color, decent head. Aroma was minimal hops, meh. Flavor was a bit of hops and a distinct watermelon aftertaste, weird. Overall this was quite easy to drink but nothing really jumped out. Not sure I'd revisit this unless I was just thirsty.

1.25/5  rDev -62.6%

4.05/5  rDev +21.3%

This is a new one from Mountain Sun. Brewed for a "sessionable" option, this APA reminds me of Stone's Levitation, if only for the abv and hop presence. Levitation, for the record, is better.

But still, this is a nice beer. Looks very nice, aside from a trace of lacing. Foam is a bit soapy. Picky picky, I know

Grassy and green pine aroma, with dashes of citrus and cracker.

More caramel malt in the taste, but not a whole lot. The hops are the key to this beer. The earth notes (grass, pine) seem to want to dominate, but they are bookended with citrus hops. Quite refreshing. Not balanced like SN's PA, but I'm a hope head so this does me pretty well

Paradise City from Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery