Nitro Can Coffee Stout (Experiment No. 002)
Vault Brewing Company

Nitro Can Coffee Stout (Experiment No. 002)Nitro Can Coffee Stout (Experiment No. 002)
Beer Geek Stats: | Print Shelf Talker
From:
Vault Brewing Company

Pennsylvania, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Very Good
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 13 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.01/5  rDev -1.5%

Oh, yeah, The CANQuest (tm) is on today! Plus, this will segue nicely into another CAN and then, the dominoes will quickly fall. If you think that my drinking beer is some collection of random events, check my order, yo! This was gifted to me by the brewery specifically for review and inclusion.

From the CAN: "With Guatemalan & Papua New Guinea Beans"; "Do Not Tilt[,] Pour Vigorously".

Not only was there an audible Crack!, but there was also a Phsshh! as the nitrogen activated within the CAN. I followed directions and went with an inverted Glug, resulting in a cascade that settled into two fingers of dense, deep-tan/light-brown head with good retention. Color was Black/Opaque (SRM = 44) with mahogany highlights. Nose smelled even more intense than my morning coffee and I am a retired US Navy sailor! Beans, indeed. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full. Taste was cold, bitter coffee. Wow! I'll bet that there is some caffeine in this bad boy. I am not big on iced coffee, but since this was beer, I was ready for it. Honestly, though, you had better really like the taste of big, black coffee (BBC) in your mouth. This was unrelenting in terms of its flavor. Finish was dry, bitter, cold. I had an Old Lady like this.

4.29/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

12 oz nitro-can hard-poured into a pub-style pint glass.

Appearance
Black with a beautiful tan cascading effect. Leaves behind 1 finger of ultra-creamy tan head.

Nose
Dark roast iced coffee, milk chocolate, caramel, and roasted barley.

Taste
Dark roast iced coffee with a slight bitterness. Notes of milk chocolate, cocoa nib, caramel, and roasted barley. Keep in mind, even with my other descriptors this tastes like straight up iced coffee.

Mouthfeel
Medium-light bodied, silky, and ultra-smooth.

Overall
Freakin' fantastic!

Nitro Can Coffee Stout (Experiment No. 002) from Vault Brewing Company