Paradise Nines I.P.A. Project - American-Belgo I.P.A. | Paradox Beer Company

Paradise Nines I.P.A. Project - American-Belgo I.P.A.Paradise Nines I.P.A. Project - American-Belgo I.P.A.
Liked This Beer

Alströms:

4.5/5  rDev +16.3%

3.25/5  rDev -16%

4.1/5  rDev +5.9%

Quite lovely dark amber brown with a frothy head in the glass. Aroma of flowery hops greets the nose with the first sip. Should be categorized as a Belgian IPA.

Rich and malty with a wealth of flavors. The hops are fragrant, and complement the dry Belgian taste. Sharp, fruity, and dry with a malty undertone. The fruit includes some pomegranate, with the sweet and pithy taste. A dark and bitter finish. The Belgian taste emerges with the dry, scratchy mouthfeel along with that distinctive, yeasty bitterness. My favorite of the Paradox fancy (and expensive) brews. This is just full of intriguing taste and another good idea in the American interpretation of Belgian flavors.

Label says that 840 bottles were produced. In the 750 ml swing top bottle from Grapevine Liquors in Denver. (Notes from 11/21/2012 tasting.)

3.81/5  rDev -1.6%

Big pop on releasing the Grolsch-style cork. Cloudy amber color with a medium-big foamy head. Smells like an IPA -- big citrusy hops on the nose. A little wood on the nose too (this is aged in "wine" barrels -- wonder what style?

Winey hoppy taste on the first sip, takes a while to develop. I'm guessing the whine was a white. The wood and malt provide a nice balance to the strong hop flavor, especially on second and subsequent sips. Not a very long finish, except for the wine.

On the whole, a tasty, balanced IPA. Would buy again.

3.68/5  rDev -4.9%

Bottle labeled 0001
160 of 840

Beer pours a hazy orange with a solid head that is easily swirled back into place. Head makes a nice sticky lace on the glass.

The aroma is mix of pine and citrus hops, some grapefruit but mostly pine and grass. I can not really pick out any "belgo" aromas other than some sugar like aromas.

The taste is bitter with a good malt backbone. Fairly typical IPA in taste.

Solid medium mouthfeel.

Overall this is a good beer. With all the IPAs out there it is a little hard for this one to stand out. I can not really pick out anything that would make this an "american-belgo IPA" but it is still a nice beer.

Paradise Nines I.P.A. Project - American-Belgo I.P.A. from Paradox Beer Company