Wheatish

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: This American wheat beer is brewed with loads of oats, Virginia honey, and topped off with Cascade hops. The result is a slightly hazy, light, sweet ale that is bursting with all day drinkability. It is The Beer of Weekend Champions.
3.74/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

On tap, boss pour:
Head kept the surface white for a good while, though the struggle was obviously leaning towards clearing the field. Lightly hazed white gold body confirmed the efforts it took to sustain a pale white film.

Nose has a lightly fruity wheat malt profile that doesn’t jump at me, but meets expectations with a hint of banana. Feel is medium light leaning lighter, with a nice softness as I might expect from a Hefe or wheat beer in general.

Taste has that somewhat medium tart citrus note (orange+tangerine) that interrupts a fairly typical malt and wheat base. A little grain comes through, but the citrus is a bit strong in back and grand my attention a little too much.

The citrus notes to me cut through the softer, non-hop notes I might expect from a wheat ale. It works pretty well as a crossover beer, as I’ve found other Parkway beers. It’s a nice, easy drinking beer that I admit I’d like to try a second time to check my initial impressions.

Wheatish from Parkway Brewing Co.