Flesk / Arcade Archnemesis | Flesk Brewing Company

Flesk Brewing Company
Illinois, United States
fleskbrewing.com

Style: Chile Beer

We collaborated with Flesk Brewing Company to create our first collaboration beer (and Flesk's first collaboration beer too) called archnemesis. archnemesis is a Smoked American Brown Ale brewed with Ancho Chiles.

We are really proud of this beer. It's a unique and complex beer to perfectly compliment the cold and savory season approaching. With delicate touches of smoke and fresh pepper, you can enjoy multiple pints without worry of getting palate fatigue.

Added by MasterSki on 11-21-2013

Liked:
2.53/5
Alströms:

3.06/5  rDev 0%

22 oz. bottle, with handwritten Batch #38 written on the label. A new one to me from the local Flesk Brewing Company, out of Lombard, Illinois, this one a collaboration chile beer brewed with Arcade Brewery, who I'm not familiar with. Snagged the last bottle of this stuff from the local beer store; listed as retired here on BeerAdvocate. "Smoked American Brown Ale Brewed With Ancho Chiles". 6.20% abv listed on the bottle.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter.

A - Pours a solid dark brown body, nearly opaque, with some ruby hues showing through when held to the light. About a finger of bubbly khaki head that falls to a ring. Appears adequately carbonated despite being a year or so old, and leaves a bit of sticky fluffy lacing behind. Looks good for what it is.

S - Eh, the aroma is not doing it for me. Cold leather, rawhide, liquid smoke, followed by a raisiny caramel malt stickiness on the end. No chile presence is noted in the aroma.

T - The taste follows in wake of the nose - cold & leathery, with a touch of liquid smoke / peat. Watery caramel malts and some light raisin / dark fruit presence. Only the very slightest bit of actual chile powder-esque pepper heat is noticeable on the end, noticeably faded by time.

M - The feel is slick and slightly on the watery side of things. Light in body for the style and the abv, and easy to drink, but this isn't exactly a beer I would want to imbibe mad quantities of.

Overall, this one was a miss for me, and it will be forgotten to the annals of beer history, I'm afraid. Glad to have tried it, but I surely won't miss it, and I wouldn't want it again. Better luck next time, guys.

Flesk Brewing Arch Nemesis -----3/5.

2/5  rDev 0%