Lombard Cruise Nights Summertime Ale | Flesk Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Flesk Brewing Company
Illinois, United States
fleskbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Davihaw on 08-07-2013

Reviews by Davihaw:
3.03/5  rDev 0%

This beer was brewed to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Lombard Cruise Nights in association with 20 West Wine in Lombard.

Poured from bottle into tulip glass.

A: Nice amber color

S: Grapefruit and citrus notes right away. Not much of a hop aroma but the fruit stands out.

T: Malt forward with mild bitterness.

M: good mouthfeel, good carbonation

O: Solid beer on a hot day.

4.35/5  rDev 0%

22 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present, but I know this beer is fresh. This is about as local of a beer as I can get. My first official beer review of a beer from Flesk Brewing Co., out of the neighboring village of Lombard, Illinois. A collaboration beer between Flesk and 20 West Wines & Spirits which is, you guessed it, where I bought it. I've tried this beer before but I don't really remember it, so this will be like a new experience for me.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter glass.

A - Pours a bright juicy peach orange colored body with about a quarter inch of white foamy head that dissipates into nothing within seconds. Leaves a bubbly white ring around the edges. Looks very nice when held to the light.

S - Smell is very nice. Tropical mangoes, peaches, bitter grapefruit, some alcohol fumes, bit of soapiness, hint of yeast, and some bready malts to round things off. Very tropical and floral.

T - Taste follows the nose: tropical mangoes, papayas, peaches, the usual bitter grapefruit, some soapiness, hint of yeast, and bready malts. Very nicely balanced. Again, very tropical and floral. The flavor just seems to become progressively more fruity and tropical as the beer warms; I honestly can't get enough of this.

M - Feel is bitter and dry, with some sticky resinous grapefruit hops, and tropical fruit lingering on the palate.

Overall, a solid beer, one I hope they choose to brew again. Lots of balance, lots of tropical fruit, lots of fresh flavor. It does remind me a bit more of what an American IPA might be rather than a pale ale, but it works either way. Bottle lists a 6.50% abv, but it feels closer to 8.00%+ with a slight warmth to it. Very glad to have this opportunity to try this beer, and I look forward to trying the rest from Flesk.

Flesk Brewing Lombard Cruise Nights Summertime Ale ---4.5/5.

Lombard Cruise Nights Summertime Ale from Flesk Brewing Company