Coffee IPA

Dec 27, 2015
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.

4.25 by Velivolus1 from Vermont on Jul 19, 2020
3.89/5  rDev -5.6%
by Lone_Freighter from Vermont

Can to nonic pint glass.
The appearance was a rugged burnt copper color with a light transparency about it. Topped by a small finger's worth of white foamy head taking it's time to slide out. Sporadic foamy lace speckled the sides of the glass nicely.
The aroma smelled just like cold brew coffee with a slight grassy hop edge trying to come out.
The flavor leaned towards the sweet side of the cold brew coffee, semi-malty with a slight roast. Once again, grassy hop bitterness comes across extremely faint. Slight aftertaste of roasty and toasty coffee beans.
The mouthfeel was about medium bodied with a fair sipping quality about it. Good carbonation and a semi-roasty finish with some coffee beans.
Overall, I liked this one for me but honestly, I didn't see so many "IPA" qualities in this.

Sep 28, 2019

4 by Velivolus from Vermont on Aug 11, 2019

3.84 by JMScowcroft from Vermont on Dec 01, 2018

4.25 by arusso13 from Connecticut on Mar 07, 2016

4.13 by TBonez477 from Vermont on Jan 24, 2016
4.46/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75
by Brad007 from Vermont

Pours a rich medium golden hue with a small head into my glass. Looks like someone poured coffee into my ale!

Mildly roasted coffee mingles with a light citrus hop kick in the nose.

Rich and lustful roasted coffee bitterness. That's honestly all I can describe it as.

For more depth, it's intensely drinkable as long as you are a fan of coffee and ipas. I only drink black coffee and I love my IPAs to death.

I really like this and I think you will too. Reminds me of the Mikkeller coffee IPA.

Dec 27, 2015
Coffee IPA from 14th Star Brewing Co.