Coquito

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Introducing Coquito, our Mixology Series winter release! Inspired by the classic Puerto Rican holiday drink, this 11.2% imperial cream ale is brewed with lactose sugar, aged inside Caribbean rum barrels, and blended with coconut, cinnamon, and vanilla.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 9 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.29/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I've had several from this series and this by far is the best of all, by like seriously far...

Full Disclosure: As a latino I am partial to rum. It is the spirit of the Caribbean and the drink we all have grown up with, from well, frankly, childhood. That said, I have until now never found a cream ale I have liked. From the wording alone you would think this would be an easy thing to do - find a cream ale to simply enjoy and do so many times over. But no. Until today, I did not think this brew, a so-called cream ale, would actually ever taste good. But no. I found one that does and does so in spectacular fashion. From the vibrant and rich copper colored drink to the sweet scent of rum, to the creamy and full-bodied mouthfeel. This is truly something to enjoy, and do so in no hurry. The taste is boozy, rum-flavored, sweet, yet balanced by malt - it's about all you can ask for when you mix an ale with rum - and this does it expertly. Quite possibly the best beer I have had in 2020, to date, and certainly the best cream ale I have ever had, hands down.

Coquito from Funky Buddha Brewery